- Georgia Lee
- Georgia Lee
"For the past 10 years, the San Francisco Outer Circle team has been enjoying a weekly pancake picnic with friends experiencing homelessness in Golden Gate Park. Here is some footage from our 10th Anniversary Celebration. Many thanks to Meredith Stutz for her editing expertise!"
Here is our Video!
SFOC Celebrates 10 Years of Pancakes from Georgia on Vimeo.
Posted by claire at 10:54 AM
Housewarming gifts for newly housed friends:
Stuff our house can use:
We could use your Talents and Connections!
for 1 year we buy in bulk and spend on average: 926.42$ for Syrup, Sugar, Creamer, Coffee, Pancake batter, Forks, Plates, Cups, etc…
Rainbow Gathering Kitchen supplies:
Around 300$ plus gas.
Thanks for caring!
Posted by claire at 8:05 AM
- Served over 1680 people pancakes in golden gate park
- Trained 3 new Bible study facilitators
- Served thousands of pancakes at the Rainbow Gathering and created a partnership with 3 other Christian kitchens
- Helped 4 friends into rehab
- Hosted and trained 9 short term interns
- Assisted 9 friends in transitioning into housing
- 15 friends began to get to know Jesus, started attending church and coming to bible studies and small groups.
- 1 local leader came on staff
- 5 local pastors began to partner with us in serving our homeless friends
- 3 friends radically committed their lives to Jesus
- Celebrated birthdays, sobriety anniversaries, memorials and holidays together with homeless friends
- Housed over 75 guests at our house for short term and emergency stays
- 1 hair stylist came to the park and cut hair
- 3+ friends chose not to commit suicide
- We baptized 1 friend
- Helped 5 homeless friends reconnect with their family and move back home
- Let at least 98 people borrow a cell phone to call home for the first time in a very long time.
- Mediated complicated dynamics between 3 homeless friends and their family members.
- Visited 3 friends in the Hospital
- Shared way over 100 home cooked meals in our living room with homeless friends
- Visited 1 friend in jail
- Helped create 2 new videos- http://www.innerchange.org/category/tags/photo-video
- Hosted InnerChange’s Apprenticeship and SummerXChange Orientations
- Collected 98 surveys on homeless issues
- Began a new prayer and worship time in the park and a new Bible study at a Christ Church which is hospitable to and led by both housed and our un housed friends.
- Took lots of fun new pictures- https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Francisco-Outer-Circle-InnerChange/63915111179
- Connected with three families who were willing to host homeless friends in transition and disciple them!
- And had thousands of conversations with homeless friends old and new!
We are so grateful to the Lord for such an incredible year and excited for the one to come!!!
Posted by claire at 8:29 AM
Posted by claire at 8:42 PM